Oscar-winning American actress Emily Jean Stone, known as Emma Stone, is popular in the contemporary generation for her natural charm, most skilled, husky voice, and adaptability to a wide array of roles.
Outstanding Stone films include Superbad, Easy A, The Help, Birdman, and La La Land. She receives various accolades, including an Academy Award, a BAFTA, a Golden Globe Award, and three SAG Awards.
“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life.”
|Born||November 6, 1988|
|Birth Place||Scottsdale, Arizona, USA|
|Birth Name||Emily Jean Stone|
|Nick Name||Emma, Emm|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Hobbies||Cooking, baking, and reading|
|Spouse||Dave McCary (2020 – present)|
|Children||Louise Jean McCary|
|Parents||Stone (Yeager), Krista|
Childhood & Family Background
Emily Jean “Emma” Stone is the daughter of Krista Jean Stone (née Yeager), a homemaker & Jeffrey Charles “Jeff” Stone, a contracting company founder and CEO. She has Swedish, German & British Isles descent. She has a younger brother Spencer.
Stone began acting as a child in her college as a member of the Valley Youth Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona, where she made her stage debut in Kenneth Grahame’s production “The Wind in the Willows” at 11.
She appeared in 16 productions through her early teens, including The Princess and the Pea, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. Till then, she decided to make acting her career at fifteen.
Around this time, she traveled to Los Angeles and auditioned unsuccessfully for a role on Nickelodeon’s All That. Her parents later sent her for private acting lessons with a local acting coach who had worked at the William Morris Agency in the 1970s.
While attempting to bag roles in television or movies, Stone took a part-time job at a dog treat bakery and enrolled in online high-school classes. But soon, she dropped out of college to pursue her acting career.
The flaming young actress was so dedicated that she dyed her childhood blonde locks a dark brown, hoping the change would help her land more serious roles.
The story behind becoming an actress is that; she made a PowerPoint presentation, backed by Madonna’s “Hollywood” and entitled “Project Hollywood,” to convince her parents to allow her to drop out of school and move to Los Angeles. The trick was successful, and she and her mother moved to LA with her schooling completed at home while she spent her days auditioning.
She made her TV debut in 2004 in The New Partridge Family, where she played a minor role. During the next few years, Emma appeared in minor roles in other TV shows.
She made her film debut three years later in the American teen comedy Superbad, where Stone played a supporting role. Her performance earned her a Young Hollywood Award.
Later on, she would continue to rise her filmy career. Emma Stone is always famous for appearing in popular comedies in teen hits projects like Superbad, Zombieland, La La land, and The Amazing Spiderman.
After moving to LA, she failed several auditions. Apart from all the rejections, Emma strived continuously and made her debut as Laurie Partridge on the VH1 talent competition reality in The Search of the New Partridge Family, a pilot for a proposed television series In 2005.
Following this, she was seen in single episodes of shows such as Medium as a guest appearance, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Malcolm in the Middle, and Lucky Louie. However, her most prominent television appearance was on the action-crime Drive (2007).
Filmography Career of Emma Stone
- In 2007, she made a movie debut as Jules in Superbad, co-starred with Jonah Hill and Micheal Cera.
- In 2009, Emmy appeared with a notable performance in the horror comedy Zombie land.
- In 2010 she got her first starring lead role as Olive in the comedy Easy A which made her a star.
- In 2011, Stone starred with Ryan Gosling in the well-received romantic comedy project Crazy, Stupid, Love.
- In 2011, she appeared in the role of Skeeter, the aspiring author who interviews African American housemaids about their experiences working for white families in Tate Taylor’s The Help.
- In 2012 and 2014, Emma appeared as Peter Parker’s girlfriend, Gwen Stacy, in The Amazing Spiderman and The Amazing Spiderman2.
- In 2013, she played the role of Gosling’s love interest in the widely panned crime flick Gangster Squad.
- In 2014, Stone also costarred with Colin Firth in Woody Allen’s romantic comedy Magic in the Moonlight.
- In 2014, she made her Broadway debut in the part of Sally Bowles in Cabaret. Then, Damien Chazelle cast her as the aspiring actress Mia due to her previous performance. Her bittersweet romance with jazz pianist Sebastian (Gosling) forms the plotline of the movie musical La La Land (2016).
- In 2017 Emma led in Battle of the Sexes as tennis champion Billie Jean King in the 1973 match opposite Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell).
- In 2018, Stone again reteamed with her Superbad costar Jonah Hill in the TV miniseries Maniac. The following year Stone appeared with Rachel Weisz in the dark period romp The Favourite; they played cousins competing for the favor of Queen Anne (Olivia Colman).
- For the 2019 sequel of Zombieland, Emm reprised her role.
Talented Voice Over Actress
- In 2020, she lent her voice to the animated family film The Croods: A New Age.
- In 2021 Stone starred as Cruella, a live-action comedy about a young Cruella De Vil, the villain of the Disney classic One Hundred and One Dalmatians.
Breakthrough & Successful Era
- Stone received nominations for the BAFTA Rising Star Award and a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy and won the MTV Movie Award for Best Comedic Performance in the comedy Easy A (2010).
- For the movie “Crazy, Stupid, Love” (2011), Emm was the Choice Movie Actress – Comedy Award at the 2012 Teen Choice Awards. Her film “The Help” (2011) was an even greater success and was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture.
- Stone’s movie “The Amazing Spider-Man” (2012), a role she reenacted in 2014 in “The Amazing Spider-Man 2”.
- In 2014 Stone also co-starred in the critically acclaimed “Birdman,” which was the most successful film at the 87th Academy Awards with nine nominations and four wins.
- A great achievement Stone got was through musical comedy-drama “La La Land.” “La La Land” (2016) earned Emmy, an Academy BAFTA, Golden Globe, and SAG Award for Best Actress.
- She also expanded into producing, serving as executive producer for the Netflix miniseries “Maniac” (2018), which she also featured in, reuniting with her “Superbad” co-star Jonah Hill for the project.
- Stone has also had a successful career as a voice actress. She voiced a role in the crime video game “Sleeping Dogs,” released in 2012, for which she was nominated for a Spike Video Game Award for Best Performance by a Human Female.
Trendy Movies, Voice Actress & Production
- Superbad (2007), Zombieland (2009), Easy A (2010), Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011), The Help (2011), The Amazing Spider-Man (2012), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014), Birdman (2014), La La Land (2016), Battle of the Sexes (2017), The Favourite (2018), and Cruella (2021).
- She also has voiced characters in several animated films, such as “Marmaduke” (2010), Sleeping Dogs,” released in 2012, and “The Croods” (2013).
- Stone did production for projects Maniac (2018), Cruella (2021), and When You Finish Saving the World (2022).
Emma Stone-Top Songs
- City Of Stars
- Someone in the Crowd
- A Lovely Night
|2011||Best Ensemble: Motion Picture-Satellite Award||The Help||Won|
|2012||Outstanding Performance-SAG||The Help||Won|
|2015||Outstanding Performance-SAG||Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)|
|2016||Best Actress- Academy Award||La La Land||Won|
|2016||Best Actress- Golden Globe Award||La La Land||Won|
|2016||Best Actress- British Film Academy Award||La La Land||Won|
|2017||Best Actress- Oscar||La La Land||won|
|2017||Best Actress- AACTA||La La Land||won|
|2012||Ranked #6||Ask Men’s top 99 “most desirable” women||–|
|2014||Ranked #27||Maxim’s “Hot 100” list.||–|
Note: If you want to know more about rewards, mention us, and we’ll update the page soon.
Net worth & Real Estate
Emma Stone is the best-known actress with withdrawals of $40 million. Stone owns several impressive homes.
In 2019 only, she bought two homes, one in Malibu and another in Century City, Los Angeles. The Westwood property cost $2.3 million, whereas the Malibu home cost $3.25 million. Stone sold her longtime Beverly Hills home for $3.9 million in 2019. She holds at least two homes in New York City. In 2016 she invested $2.4 million to buy a West Village condo. She also owns a $3.6 million NYC condo in the Financial District.
In May 2022, Emma listed her Malibu home for $4.3 million. Less than a month later, she accepted the property’s $4.4 million offer. Emma can be one of the highest-paid actresses in the world, with an income that can top $20 million in a busy year.
Emma Stone-Generous Work
- Emmy appeared in a Revlon campaign for breast cancer awareness.
- In 2011, Stone appeared in a collaborative video between Star Wars and Stand Up to Cancer; the purpose was to raise funds for cancer research. In 2013 Gilda’s Club, she attended an event by Gilda’s Club, an organization working for a similar purpose.
- From 2012 to 2014, she hosted the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Revlon Run/Walk, which helps fight women’s cancer.
- Stone, alongside three other celebrities, was present at the 2012 Nickelodeon HALO Awards, a television special that profiled four teenagers who are “Helping And Leading Others” (HALO).
- She attended the 2014 Earth Hour, a worldwide movement for the planet organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature.
- In 2015, she was part of a fundraising event supporting the Motion Picture & Television Fund, which helps people in the film and television industries with limited or no resources.
- In 2018, she collaborated with 300 women in Hollywood to set up the Time’s Up initiative to protect women from sexual harassment and discrimination.
Breakup with Andrew Garfield
Despite the significant media attention, she refuses to discuss her personal life publicly. Stone has said she finds little value in media attention, concerned with living a “normal” life. She says, “I am blessed with a great family and great people around me that would be able to kick me in the shins if I ever for one minute got lost up in the clouds. I’ve been really lucky in that sense.”
During the filming of The Amazing Spider-Man in 2010, Stone began dating her co-star Andrew Garfield. Though their relationship in the media with diverse gossip was reported, the pair refused to speak in public.
Later, Stone was seen with Saturday Night Live segment director Dave McCary In 2017. In December 2019, the duo got engaged and tied the knot in the same year. Stone and McCary welcomed their first child In March 2021, a daughter, and named her Louise Jean McCary—a tribute to Stone’s grandmother, Jean Louise.