Shah Rukh Khan is an Indian actor, producer, and television personality. He has appeared in over 80 Bollywood films, earning numerous awards, including 14 Filmfare Awards. He ranks among the most well-liked and significant actors in Indian cinema.
In the latter half of the 1980s, Khan made his television acting debut in a number of serials.He made his film debut in 1992 with the romantic drama Deewana, for which he earned a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
Shah rukh khan went on to establish himself as one of the most successful actors in Bollywood, delivering critically acclaimed performances in 80+ films such as Baazigar (1993), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001). He is recognized as the most prosperous actor in the world.
Social Media Accounts
- Instagram: @iamsrk
- Twitter: @iamsrk
|Nickname||SRK, King of Romance, King Khan, Baadshah|
|Wife Name||Gauri Khan (M:1991)|
|Children||Aryan Khan Suhana Khan Abram Khan|
Shah Rukh Khan Appearance
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Shah Rukh Khan has become one of the most accomplished film actors in the world. He has received many awards for his performances. His films have been successful in the international market. However, he had to undergo several trials before entering the entertainment world.
During his childhood, Shah Rukh lived in a rented house in Delhi. His father ran a restaurant. After his mother passed away, he moved to Mumbai. At the age of 15, his father died of cancer. This was the time when Shah Rukh decided to pursue an acting career.
As a child, Shah Rukh was a very accident-prone boy. He had a fractured back muscle. In the early eighties, he was paid fifty rupees as an usher at a Pankaj Udhas concert.
Shah Rukh Khan Acting Career
1988–1992: Television and Film Debut
- He made his television debut instead in1989 series Fauji.
- Then, SRK appeared in the television series Circus (1989) and Mani Kaul’s miniseries Idiot (1992).
- Serials Umeed (1989) and Wagle Ki Duniya (1988–90)
- The first offer was for Hema Malini’s directorial debut, Dil Aashna Hai.
- He made his film debut in Deewana in June 1992 and as the male lead in Chamatkar, Dil Aashna Hai, and the comedy Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman.
- two box office hits, a murderer in Baazigar and an obsessive lover in Darr in 1993.
- In 1994, Khan was portrayed in Kundan Shah’s comedy-drama film Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa and Anjaam; for that, he won Filmfare Best Villian Award.
1995–1998: Romantic Roles
- The first time he was portrayed in Rakesh Roshan’s melodramatic thriller Karan Arjun was in 1995. The most significant release was the romance Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge the same year.
- In 1996, his starring opposite Aditya Pancholi and Juhi Chawla in Aziz Mirza’s romantic comedy Yes Boss earned him accolades.
- He starred in Subhash Ghai’s diasporic-themed social drama Pardes as Arjun in 1997. The same year, Khan’s portrayal collaborated with the collaboration of Yash Chopra in the popular musical romance Dil To Pagal Hai.
- He played a double role opposite Juhi Chawla and Sonali Bendre in Mahesh Bhatt’s action comedy Duplicate in 1998. The following year, Khan won critical praise for his performance as an All India Radio correspondent who developed an infatuation for a mysterious terrorist, Manisha Koirala, in Dil Se…
- At the end of 1998, he portrayed a college student in Karan Johar’s romance Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
1999–2003: Career Challenges
- Shah Rukh starred in Baadshah opposite Twinkle Khanna in 1999.
- His company’s first production, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani (2000), starring Khan and Chawla. The following year, Khan did a supporting role in Kamal Haasan’s Hey Ram, which was made simultaneously in Tamil and Hindi.
- In 2001, Dreamz Unlimited attempted a comeback with Khan portraying the title role in Santosh Sivan’s historical epic Aśoka. The same year, Khan suffered a spinal injury while performing an action sequence for a special appearance in Krishna Vamsi’s Shakti: The Power.
- His successes during this time included Aditya Chopra’s Mohabbatein (2000) and Karan Johar’s family drama Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), which marks a turning point in his career.
- In 2002, Khan appeared in the lead role of a rebellious alcoholic opposite Aishwarya Rai and Madhuri Dixit in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s period romance Devdas.
- Shah Rukh Khan then starred in Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), a comedy-drama written by Karan Johar. The following year, he is portrayed in Chalte Chalte opposite Rani Mukerji.
- 2004 was a critically and commercially successful year for Khan. In his company’s first production, he starred in Farah Khan’s directorial debut, Main Hoon Na.
- In Yash Chopra’s love story Veer-Zaara, Khan portrayed an Indian Air Force fighter who develops feelings for a Pakistani woman (Preity Zinta).
- The following year, Khan starred as a NASA scientist who patriotically returns to India in Ashutosh Gowariker’s social drama Swades (meaning “Homeland”),
- In 2005, Khan was portrayed in Amol Palekar’s fantasy drama, Paheli. The movie was India’s entry for the 79th Academy Awards’ Best Foreign Language Film category.
- He later collaborated with Karan Johar in the romantic musical drama Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006).
- The action film Don, a remake of the 1978 film of the same name, earned Khan Best Actor nominations at the Filmfare Awards in 2006.
- In 2007, Khan appeared as a disgraced hockey player who coached the Indian women’s national hockey team to World Cup success in Chak De! India.
- Khan starred with Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, and Shreyas Talpade in Farah Khan’s reincarnation melodrama Om Shanti Om, portraying a 1970s junior artiste who is reborn as a 2000s-era superstar.
- In the 2008 love drama Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, directed by Aditya Chopra, SRK starred opposite the rookie Anushka Sharma.
- In December 2008, Khan hurt his shoulder while filming a little part for Mudassar Aziz’s Dulha Mil Gaya.
- In 2009, he performed a special appearance film, Billu, playing Bollywood superstar Sahir Khan—a fictionalized version of himself.
2010–2014: My Name Is Khan and Expansion to Action and Comedy
- Khan started portraying in My Name Is Khan (2010), his fourth collaboration with director Karan Johar and his sixth with Kajol.
- In 2011, Khan starred with Arjun Rampal and Kareena Kapoor in Anubhav Sinha’s superhero film Ra. One, his debut publication in this category.
- Khan’s only release in 2012 was Yash Chopra’s last picture, the romantic drama Jab Tak Hai Jaan, which appeared once again in a romantic role starring Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
- In 2013, Khan played the lead role in Rohit Shetty’s action comedy Chennai Express for Red Chillies Entertainment. The movie received mixed reviews from critics and received some criticism for what some felt was its mockery of South Indian culture, despite Rajinikanth, a prominent figure in Tamil cinema. A tribute to Tamil cinema star Rajinikanth.
- In 2014, the actor was portrayed in Farah Khan’s company action comedy Happy New Year, along with Deepika Padukone, Abhishek Bachchan, and Boman Irani, his third collaboration with the director.
2015–2018: Career Fluctuations
- King Khan featured alongside Kajol, Varun Dhawan, and Kriti Sanon in Rohit Shetty’s action comedy Dilwale (2015). Despite receiving unfavorable reviews, the movie brought in approximately US$57.68 million in revenue.
- Later, he took on dual parts as a superstar and his mirror image fan in Maneesh Sharma’s action thriller Fan (2016).
- In Rahul Dholakia’s action crime film Raees (2017), Shah Rukh Khan took on the part of the titular anti-hero.
- Khan again featured in the romantic genre as a tourist guide who falls in love with a traveler (Anushka Sharma) in Imtiaz Ali’s Jab Harry Met Sejal (2017).
- Khan next reunited with Sharma and Katrina Kaif in Aanand L Rai’s romantic drama Zero (2018), in which he played Bauua Singh.
2019–present: Hiatus and Acting Comeback
After a four-year break from full-time acting, partly caused by the COVID-19 pandemic in India. He will appear in three movies in 2023, including Pathaan from Yash Raj Films, which also stars Deepika Padukone and John Abraham Jawan, and Dunki from Rajkumar Hirani, which also stars Taapsee Pannu.
Shah Rukh Khan Awards
King Khan is the owner of numerous accolades from the beginning to date due to his talent and performances. It is impossible to list all of his awards lists, but some of the names of the awards are listed below:
|2005||Bollywood Movie Awards||Best Actor||Veer-Zaara|
|2011||Filmfare Awards||Best Actor||My Name Is Khan|
|2013||IIFA||Digital Star of the Year||–|
|2016||Stardust Awards||Best Actor (Editor’s Choice)||Fan|
|2016||Screen Awards||Best Actor (Popular Choice) Jodi No. 1||Dilwale|
|2018||Zee Cine Awards||Special Honour for Contribution to Cinema and TV over the Last 25 Years||–|
Note: Let us know by commenting if you want further details about awards.
Shah Rukh Khan State Honors
|1997||Best Indian Citizen Award||India|
|2002||Rajiv Gandhi Award|
|2007||Ordre des Arts et des Lettres||France|
|2008||Darjah Mulia Seri Melaka||Malaysia|
|2009||Honorary Doctorate||University of Bedfordshire|
|2011||Pyramide con Marni Award||UNESCO|
|2012||BrandLaureate Legendary Award||Malaysia|
|2014||Legion of Honour Global Diversity Award||France United Kingdom|
|2015||Honorary Doctorate||University of Edinburgh|
|2016||Honorary Doctorate||Maulana Azad National Urdu University|
|2017||Yash Chopra National Memorial Award||Indian Television Academy|
|2018||Crystal Award||World Economic Forum|
|2019||Honorary Doctorate||La Trobe University University of Law|
|Hobbies||Playing computer games, collecting gadgets, Playing cricket|
|Actress||Mumtaz, Saira Banu|
|Actor||Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Holiday & Festivity Destination(s)||London & Dubai|
|Color & Dye(s)||Black|
Shah Rukh Khan Family
Shah Rukh Khan was born in Delhi on 2nd November 1965. His parents are Lateef Fatima and Meer Taj Mohammed Khan. However, he was raised in the Rajendra Nagar area of New Delhi. In later life, he settled in Mumbai.
Shah Rukh is a Muslim and was born into a middle-class family. They lived in rented apartments, and the mother died of diabetes in 1991. Later on, his father died of cancer.
After their death, Shah Rukh’s sister developed severe depression. It has affected her mentally and physically.
She still lives with the actor’s family. However, she is considered media-shy. Instead of going into acting, she is more interested in dancing and sports.
He also has three children, namely Aryan, Suhana, and Abram. These are his eldest and youngest. While his eldest son gave his voice to the Simba movie, his youngest one is being monitored closely by Dr. Cyrus Contractor.
Shah Rukh Khan Net Worth
|Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$30 Million|
|Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||$42 million|
|Income Source||Acting and brand endorsements|
|Cars Collection||Lamborghini Urus Aston Martin Rapide S Rover Range Rover Vogue. Mercedes-Benz GLS. … Audi Q5. … Jaguar XJ L. … Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.|
Off Screen Work
Film Production and Television Hosting
- He transformed Dreamz Unlimited into Red Chillies Entertainment, adding his wife, Gauri as a producer.
- Khan contributed to the creation of Ra.One in a number of ways (2011).
- Aside from acting, he produced the film, volunteered to write the console game script, dubbed for it, oversaw its technical development, and wrote digital comics based on the film’s characters.
- Khan has occasionally done playback singing for his films, like in Josh (2000). He sang the popular song “Apun Bola Tu Meri Laila.” Don (2006) and Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012).
- For Always Kabhi Kabhi (2011), which Red Chillies produced, Khan participated in the lyrical composition.
- Khan has hosted numerous televised awards shows, such as the Filmfare, Zee Cine, and Screen Awards.
- For one season as the host of Kaun Banega Crorepati in 2007.
- a year later, Khan began hosting Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?
- He returned to television, appearing on Imagine TV’s Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout, the Indian version of Wipeout in 2011.
- In 2017, Khan began hosting TED Talks India Nayi Soch, a talk show produced by TED Conferences, LLC, which started airing on STAR Plus.
Shah Rukh Khan Stage Performances
|1997||Asha Bhosle’s Moments in Time concert Shah Rukh –Karisma: Live concert||Malaysia|
|The Awesome Foursome||United Kingdom, Canada, and the United States|
|2002||show From India With Love||Manchester’s Old Trafford and London’s Hyde Park|
|2004||Temptations||22 venues across the world|
|2010||concert||Army Stadium in Dhaka, Bangladesh|
|2011||Friendship Concert||Durban, South Africa|
|2014||SLAM! The Tour Got Talent World Stage Live (Host)||US, Canada, and London|
Ownership of the IPL Cricket Team
Shah Rukh Khan is an Indian film actor and businessman who owns a cricket team in the Indian Premier League (IPL). His team, Kolkata Knight Riders, has been successful in the tournament since its inception in 2008. Shah Rukh and his partners bought the team for $75.09 million at an auction conducted by the IPL.
The team has performed well under Shah Rukh ‘s leadership, winning their first title in 2012 and defending it in 2014. They also reached the playoffs of the 2020 edition. The KKR team is known for its star power, with top players like Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, and Chris Lynn in their ranks. It also has a vibrant fan base, with its official social media accounts regularly engaging with its followers.
Shah Rukh Khan Public Image
Shah Rukh Khan is a successful actor and businessman with an immense public image. He is considered one of the most popular celebrities in India, with millions of fans across the country.
His films are typically viewed as a form of escapism and have earned him numerous accolades throughout his career. He also has a large following on social media, with more than 37 million followers on Twitter alone.
Shah Rukh Khan is also known for his philanthropic activities. He launched the Meer Foundation in 2014 to help survivors of acid attacks and other similar crimes. The foundation provides medical care and psychological support to victims of these crimes across India.
He also runs the Make My Trip Foundation, which helps underprivileged children gain access to quality education.
In addition to his philanthropic activities, Shah Rukh Khan is also involved in various humanitarian causes. In 2016, he partnered with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) India to promote education and nutrition for underprivileged children.
Through this partnership, he helped raise awareness about the importance of nutrition and its role in children’s development.
Moreover, he has used his public image to help fight for women’s rights in India. In 2017, he partnered with a non-profit organization called MARD (Men Against Rape and Discrimination) to raise awareness about gender equality and violence against women. This led to him being named one of the ‘Sexiest Men Alive’ by People magazine in 2018.
In 2020, Shah Rukh Khan also joined hands with the Government of India to promote the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ initiative. This aimed at reducing gender inequality and providing quality education to girls across India.
He has helped make significant progress in these areas by leveraging his public image and has become a beacon of hope for many.
Shah Rukh Khan Endorsement
Shah Rukh Khan is a prolific Bollywood actor and producer who has achieved immense success in India. He has appeared in over 80 films, won numerous awards, and continues to be one of the most beloved actors of all time.
He has also become an iconic figure within Indian culture, and his influence continues to expand globally. As a result of his popularity and influence, Khan has become one of the most sought-after celebrities for endorsements.
He has endorsed various products and services, including cars, energy drinks, menswear lines, electronics, real estate projects, and more. His endorsement deals are some of the highest paying in India, and he continues to be a popular face for consumer brands.
Khan has used his influence to help promote a number of social causes as well. He participates actively in many charity organizations, such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation and UNICEF. Khan also uses celebrity status to spread awareness about HIV/AIDS, poverty, education, and other important social issues.